Fact sheets are just one of our research products that describe findings from HPA research. Each fact sheet covers overall findings and then compares responses by key demographics.
- www.smokefree.org.nz This site contains facts about smoking, information on World Smokefree Day (first observed in New Zealand in 1998), information about second-hand smoke, tips on how to get involved in smokefree activities in your local community, and much more.
- www.quit.org.nz This is a user-friendly, practical site designed for people who want to give up smoking. It offers support and information, online quitter blogs, quit calculators, free telephone support and low cost nicotine patches and gum through the Quitline (0800 778 778).
- www.ash.org.nz Working towards a smokefree New Zealand, ASH NZ was founded in 1982 by concerned health professionals. This is an interactive site, aimed at preventing the uptake of smoking among young people and reducing the prevalence of smoking among all New Zealanders.
- www.moh.govt.nz/smokefreelaw This section of the Ministry of Health’s website provides a comprehensive overview of New Zealand’s smokefree legislation. A number of resources are provided to assist affected groups to understand their obligations under the Act (schools, licensed premises, employers, sports clubs and retailers). There is also information to help the general public understand the legislation, including procedures for making a complaint.
- www.health.govt.nz/tobacco The New Zealand Ministry of Health is committed to reducing the harm caused to New Zealanders by tobacco. This site details the Ministry’s strategic approach to tobacco control, has links to research, gives detailed information on legislation and cessation, and features the latest information on tobacco control.
- http://www.hapai.co.nz/ Hapai are charged with the Tobacco Control Advocacy Service for all communities, being Māori, Pacifika, Asian and General (Main stream) population groupings, with a focus on addressing the populations with the highest needs.