Research and evaluation are critical to every aspect of HPA’s work.
HPA provides policy advice and research to inform decision making on best practice and policy to promote health and wellbeing and reduce injury and other harm.
Work in this area includes:
- informing the development of healthy public policy/health policy
- providing expert advice on health promotion and harm reduction strategies across a wide range of health issues
- providing advice and making recommendations on alcohol-related public policy
- undertaking research to:
- monitor key health indicators, behaviours and attitudes
- inform and evaluate activities, programmes and initiatives
- gather intelligence and identify emerging health issues.